Pinch Provisions is the leading purveyor of personal care kits and premium emergency essentials, combining the sensibility of a fashion label with the function of a modern general store. Designed in Chicago and available at over 8,000 doors worldwide, Pinch kits redefine what it means to be prepared.
Our Chicago-based creative team has a passion for all things pretty and practical. We work remotely two days per week; for the remainder of the week, we work out of the Pinch headquarters near O’Hare. Transportation is provided between our office and the CTA Blue Line (Rosemont).
Pinch is seeking an art director to lead its creative team. The art director will play a key role in guiding the brand’s aesthetic, product design, and digital presence. This is a full-time position with benefits (health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401 K). The position starts immediately and reports to the creative director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Art direct the Pinch creative team
- Expertly design for a wide range of mediums; print, packaging, digital, illustration, environmental, and video a plus
- Manage, delegate, and critique the design team deliverables.
- Seamlessly manage, art direct and coordinate outside vendors
- Serve as the chief arbiter of the brand’s identity, developing guidelines for new products, co-branded collaborations, and marketing initiatives
- Play a key leadership role in the development and design of new products
- Consistently contribute new ideas that always align strategically, are executable and within budget
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to talk about your work and sell ideas
- Take the lead on art directing, organizing and styling photoshoots
- Advise on marketing strategy and implementation for web, social, and print collateral
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a four-year design degree
- Possess expert-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Have 6-8 years experience in the design industry
- Possess knowledge of production and pre-press
- Remain current in design and industry standards and advances.
- Have a passion for and possess a strong command of the fashion, beauty, and/or lifestyle industries
- Possess an aesthetic that complements the Pinch brand, with a strong eye for typography
- Photography skills a plus, particularly those well-suited to digital media
- Must reside in the Chicago land area. This is a remote position.